Dreamstime is one of my favorite sites. It’s one of the top 4 (or 5) microstock agencies, with high payout per image and a good volume and variety of images sold. I like the large and valuable Management Contributors Area with a powerful Account statistics area (earnings, downloads, affiliation, acceptance ratio, portfolio exposure, graphs, etc.); portfolio exposure is calculated by comparing the size of your portfolio with the biggest existent on the site at that time. Here an example of statistics graph:
In the Earnings section, you can also see which are the keywords used by the buyers to find and download your photos.
Photographers can request a payment as soon as their earnings balance is higher than $100, by applying from the Management area. Payments are sent as bank checks (that you can cash at a local bank), by PayPal, Payoneer (Dreamstime Prepaid MasterCard or MoneyBookers.
There is a limit to the number of images submitted per day, depending on approval percentage . All users can submit via FTP. The system supports automated EXIF/IPTC data retrieval ( title, description – subject – and keywords).
You can upload editorial images reflecting events from social, cultural and political scenes. Editors choose the best and most recent event-related images for the “In the News” section. Each news-worthy image is rewarded $5 bonus.
Image approvals are generally easier than for the other top microstock sites and I’ve also registered in this three years that they have a quite constant inspection policy. Have a look at this Reasons for refusals article http://www.dreamstime.com/photography-article-2
You can donate images for the free section, in this case your profile link and some portfolio samples are in evidence (with the hope of gaining visibility)
Dreamstime offers a good affiliation program:
- You will receive a $5 bonus for signing up referral program; you must display at least one site badge on your website in a visible place
- for every new referred user that buys something from the site, Dreamstime awards you 10% from each of their buying transactions. This applies for 3 years
- for every new referred photographer that uploads images on the site, Dreamstime awards you 10% from all their sales, for 3 years after their registration
Other peculiarity and features:
- Assignments: every month Dreamstime has an assignment contest. Photographers who have at least 50 images online can submit his/her work; this then gives the option to either escalate the file to level 5 pricing, or sell the rights of the image for an instant bonus. Each concept submitted must be sold exclusively with Dreamstime.
- Keywording and Keymentoring services: you can pay and have your images professionally keyword and/or you can earn some cents suggesting some keywords for others.
Conclusion: Highly Recommended