In the last newsletter, 123RF is inviting the contributors to upload Editorial contents with the intention to open the section to the market at the end of February 2010. Here some significant quotes:
Yes, it's good news for those of you who've been waiting for this moment. 123RF.com is now accepting editorial content. We would like to invite you to upload your editorial images or illustrations to us
What happens next?
Images will be accepted and reviewed now. However, they will not appear immediately on the site. Once we have sufficient content, we will then launch the editorial content on 123RF.com. We anticipate this to happen at the end of February 2010.
Here are a few guidelines to be followed:
What are classified as editorial images?
Editorial images are generally photos or illustrations of newsworthy events, or famous people or locations with people often without model releases. These images can and are often used only in Editorial publications such as newspapers, magazines, news articles, academic publications and sometimes used in news related TV footage.
What we want!
- social events & other newsworthy events
- celebrities, personalities and interesting people
- live sports and music events
- world events and natural disasters
- cultural celebrations
- street scenes
- certain images portraying social issues
What we don't want!
- Images which are not editorial/newsworthy in nature
- Images which are too similar to other/previously submitted content
- Images which are not described in a proper manner (you'll need to rekeyword/describe them)
- Images which are sold elsewhere as RF/RM commercial
- Images which are offensive or lewd in nature
- Images which are not technically sound
- too blur,
- have been manipulated heavily or
- clearly does not depict the subject matter in a truthful manner due to image cloning, retouching, photo montaging and etc.
123RF.com is your one-stop royalty-free photo library offering stunning, practical stock photos at the most affordable price!
We've got the latest photos right here – refreshing, intriguing images for your creative projects. For a single subscription fee, you can get access to a wealth of high-resolution images. Alternatively, you may purchase credits and download images, all for a very low rate.
If that's not enough, check out our daily dose of FREE images! Take your pick. Download. Absolutely on the house. Why are we passionate about 123RF?
– Because we aim to collaborate fellow photographers and make stock photos affordable for everyone.
– Because we simplify the process of buying and submitting stock photos.
– Because we offer good stock photos without burning a hole in your pocket.