BROOKLYN, New York (January 29, 2013) – Pond5, the world’s most vibrant marketplace for media makers, announced today its public release of the new version “v2” of its website. The site offers a dramatically improved experience for both customers and contributors, giving filmmakers, photographers, musicians, 3D artists, and all kinds of media makers a place to connect with fellow artists, sell their stock media, and purchase high-quality content for their productions.
Artists on Pond5 contribute to a vast, rapidly-growing repository of creative elements, which now features more than 1.5 million video clips – the largest selection of royalty-free stock footage on the web – and more than 10 million stock photos, illustrations, audio files, 3D models, and motion graphics templates - all available for instant download.
New features implemented on the site include:
- Larger, higher quality thumbnails and previews. The media is front and center, loading quickly and in high resolution. Video and audio plays back directly from search results, and watermarked previews are freely downloadable for use in mockups, rough cuts, and testing.
- Advanced Search. Media makers can quickly find what they’re looking for with granular filters for media type, resolution, duration, price, aspect ratio, etc.
- Infinite Scroll. Instead of flipping page-by-page through search results and waiting for pageloads, users are now presented with a continuously loading page of content, making the search process fast and seamless – an industry first.
- Collections. Media makers can now collect, organize and share their favorite media easily and quickly using the new Collections feature.
- Drag and Drop. In another first, users can now add content to their carts or collections using an intuitive drag and drop interface.
- Customized Artist Profiles. Contributors on Pond5 can promote their portfolios and build their brand more effectively with the ability to visually customize their artist pages.
“We’re focused on creating the fastest, most artist-friendly platform for media makers around the world to exchange creative elements, connect with other creators, and get inspired,” says Tom Bennett, co-founder and CEO. “These latest features are a big step in that direction.”
Content from Pond5 has been used in virtually every type of media project and by virtually every type of media maker, with a diverse array of more than 100,000 customers including major Hollywood studios, television networks, book and magazine publishers, video game makers, bloggers, and a long list of of others.
To sign up to Pond5, visit http://www.pond5.com.
About Pond5 Inc.
Pond5 is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for media makers, offering the web’s largest collection of royalty-free video footage, as well as millions of stock photos, illustrations, music tracks, sound effects, Adobe After Effects project templates, and 3D models. Disrupting the traditional stock agency model with an open, dynamic marketplace, Pond5 invites media makers from all over the world to submit their own content and set their own prices, earning 50% on each sale – significantly higher than traditional players. Submissions are curated by the Pond5 team, and made available for immediate preview, purchase and download. All content is licensed under a simple royalty-free license that provides customers lifetime, worldwide usage rights across all media. Visit Pond5 at http://www.pond5.com.